15 ก.ย. 2562
General Information on Thai Visa Application
General Requirement on application for visas
1. Visa application form completely filled out
2. Visa Info Summery (VIS) Form (can be collected from Royal Thai Consulate General)
3. 3 Photographs taken within the last 6 month (3.5 cm x 4.5cm)
4. Passport or Travel Document with photocopy, validity not less than 6 months
5. Copy of flight ticket reservatin (confirmed and fully paid return ticket)
6. Copy of hotel reservation in Thailand
7. Bank statement (6 months period)
8. For applicants with company's sponsorship
- Sponsor's letter (English) attested from Chamber of Commerce
9. For applicants with private sponsorship
- Sponsor's letter (English) with copy of sponsor's Identity Card
10. Copy of Saudi permanent resident permit (Iqama)
11. Copy of Exit & Re-entry visa
**For Saudi applicants, the required documents are those wiht No. 1 - 7 mentioning above only.
Visa Type & Fees
- Transit Visa (Single Entry) SR 140
- Tourist Visa (Single Entry) SR 160
- Tourist Visa/METV (Multiple/ Entry – Validity 6 months) SR 750
- Non-Immigrant Visa (Single Entry-Validity 3 months) SR 300
- Non-Immigrant Visa (Multiple Entry-Validity 1 year) SR 750
- Non-Immigrant Visa (Multiple Entry -Validity 3 years) SR 1,500
**Visa fee is non-refundable, regardless of whether the visa is approved or rejected.
Period of stay in Thailand by visa classification
- All citizens are allowed to transit Thailand 12 hours without visa -
Office Opening Hour
- Application Submission : 09.00 – 12.00 hrs. [ Sunday – Thursday, except holidays]
- Visa Collection Time : 13.30 – 15.00 hrs.
(Minimum visa processing time for all applicants is 3 WORKING DAYS)
*Submission of falsified / forged documents or giving false information will potentially lead to a permanent ban from entering Thailand*
Last update 1st Feb 2018
Information is subjected to change. Please contact Royal Thai Consulate General of updated information.
Applications are usually processed within 3 working days if submitted in person.
Opening hours for applications: 9.00 hrs - 12.00 hrs. (Sunday - Thursday, except holidays)
List of countries whose nationals are exempted from visa and permitted to stay only for the purpose of tourism for 30 days. (The round-trip tickets must be confirmed and extension of stay not be permitted)
Australia, Austria, Belgium, *Brazil, Bahrain, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel,. Italy, Japan, , *Korea (ROK), Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, *Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Singapore, Slovak, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, U.A.E., U.K., U.S.A., Vietnam.
* Permission to stay 90 days.
List of countries whose nationals are exempted from visa fees:
South Korea, Malaysia, *Philippines, Singapore, Tunisia.
*Permission to stay 59 days.
List of countries whose nations may apply for visa at the Immigration checkpoints for the purpose of tourism for the period of not exceeding 15 days (Visa on Arrival)
Andora, Bulgaria, Bhutan, China , Cyprus, Ethiopia, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
It is not required unless traveling from an epidemic area to Thailand.
Currency or monetary instrument(s):
Travelers over 12 years of age must have in hand currency or monetary instruments (e.g. traveler's check, bank draft) transferable into cash (Thai currency) for each category of visa as follows:
There is no limit on the amount of Thai currency which can be brought into Thailand, but only 50,000.00 Baht may be taken out without obtaining a permit. Thai currency can be taken out to neighboring countries, e.g. Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Vietnam, up to 500,000.00 Baht, without obtaining a permit.
Taking out an amount of Thai currency exceeding 500,000.00 Baht the requires a permit from an authorized bank. The original permit must be shown to the Customs officer while passing through the outbound passenger channel.
There is no restriction on both bringing in and taking out foreign currency.
Bringing tobacco and spirit into Thailand Updated !!
1 carton of tobacco and 1 liter of spirit are allowed to bring into Thailand.
Visitors enter Thailand through the "Northing to Declare" custome channel despite carrying tobacco or alcohol far in excess of the amount allowed. As a result, they could afterwards be subjected to inspections and fines by the Thai Excise Department.
Visitors bringing into Thailand more than 1 carton of tobacco would be subjected to fines of approximately 3,550 Baht (US$100) per carton for the excess tobacco.
ATTENTION ! Persons involved in the disposal of dangerous narcotics such as heroine, amphetamine, methamphetamine, ecstacy and LSD shall be liable to death penalty.